Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Remember It!




Chances are slim anyone will read this, so I'll make it short. I am highly against pictures being part of my great literary pieces, because where there are pictures, readers rarely stay. I know this, because I don't really like to read very much and always liked the books "with pictures."

Anyway, if you've made it this far, the above picture is of course of thomas when he was almost a month old. He turned 1 the other day, and I was the first person to greet him on his birthday. I remember August 7th, it was the longest day of my almost 27 year old life. Thomas is at least triple the size in that picture now. But not much has changed, he still glares holes into people like he's doing to me in the picture, and he rarely loses at the blink game..except to me of course, because I've forgotten how to lose at that game.

I don't like to be very personal on "public available material" because I believe it destroys all things special. For instance, why do you think vip rooms aren't open to "everyone?" It wouldn't be vip anymore if it were. While trying to give credit to t-rex, without de-specializing his achievement of a year old, I've carefully come up with the following statement:

happy birthday thomas. -love dad.

it had to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I read it all the way through :-) So excited for your sweet little one year old. I'm sure Aug 7, 2011 was a long day for you...but I'm going to go ahead and guarantee that it was longer for Brittany :-)

    ReplyDelete