Monday, August 6, 2012

Not on the List

If you haven't figured out from my 1st entry, I enjoy a good tip toe to the edge of controversy. Some have come up with names for this, see also: pot stirrer, cage rattler, or boat rocker. Let me tell you about one of the ways I drive Brittany to the edge...I call it "the List."

In an effort to be financially secure, I named Brittany the family clerk, and I of course was forced into a Governing role of Overseer of all things financial, which for the record I accepted reluctantly. We held a vote one night when Thomas couldn't sleep, I was nominated for the position, Brittany elected to be asleep, and Thomas voted for me, how could I say no and let down the little guy?

As Overseer of $, I developed what has famously been known as: "the List." You see, when we go to the grocery store, we bring "the List," and of course it has the items we intend to purchase. If you see an item you want that's not on the List, you have 2 choices: A. You can purchase the item, but you must substitute it for something that was on the List, B. You don't get it, and put it on next week's List. I personally like option A, but for some financial clerks, they want to create an option C (a dangerous option), this option allows you  to make an impulse buy with hopes you don't bust the budget. As $ Overseer, I do not endorse this option.

At times Brittany is tempted to create option C, but luckily I have been there to simply deny such purchases with the beautiful phrase, "Not on the List." This practice is a sure way to get you suspended from Grocery Store visits, which financial clerks somehow fell into power of having correctional action authority of $ Generals (not to be confused with the popular chain "Dollar General," to learn more about Dollar General click Here (make a List before you go!)

Poll: What would bother you most?

A. Your spouse takes a shower 1st in the morning, uses all the hot water and leaves puddles of water on the bathroom floor.

B. Your spouse or roommate Invites a group of people over to your house and mentions it to you 5 minutes before they arrive.

C. You wait in line at the DMV and when it's finally your turn, you are informed they only take checks, and your check book has been removed from your purse/man bag or car and you have to go home and then go back to wait in line at, the DMV.

D. The Power Company confuses your Address with your neighbor's and turns you power off at 5 on friday in the heat of Summer, a guaranteed full weekend without a/c.

The photo below was just after the inaugural celebration of my financial Overseer election...

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the AC one, but the DMV one is a close 2nd...especially seeing as how you really did that to me.

    ReplyDelete